Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Update from Southern California

I know we have all been so concerned about the terrible fires in Southern California, with special thoughts of all our loved ones there. I thought I would pass along this e-mail from Margene in San Diego last night (Monday).

-------------
For now Tom and I are fine. However, Michael, Maria, the children, and Bongo, the dog, are here. They came last night, although they had not been forced to evacuate. Their schools there in Santa Clarita were closed today and will be again tomorrow and it's a very difficult situation there now. So glad the family is here.

Then, about an hour ago, John called that their area was being evacuated, so John, Chris, the girls and two dogs will be here soon. Maria and I are cooking lots of pasta, big salads, great bread, and plenty of chocolate chip cookies. We should be okay for the evening and night. We borrowed another air mattress from our neighbors, so it'll be interesting. The kids are having a ball, not realizing the possible problem. They can't wait to spend the night with Karla and Allison! Get out the board games, kids, it'll be quite a lot of "togetherness!!" Thanks for thinking of us.

-------------

I know we are all praying for their safety and for that of all the other families being so severely affected by these fires. We'll post other updates as they come along, as I know everyone's thinking of them all.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the update, Anne. We are all very concerned for all those in Southern California these days. Apparently the winds are very strong fueling the fires.

Uncle Nathan said...

Thinking about you all lots today. Let me know if you need to come up to Oregon we can get a nice house on the beach if things get worse. Take care we will all be thinking about you.

Maureen Young said...

hope the "board games" don't turn into "bored games" and that you all ride this out in peace. thinking about all of you with lots of love.

Dave said...

Sorry the family reunion is not under happier circumstances. Please keep safe.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with all of you in Southern Cal. I hope the "togetherness" time can be a silver lining to a very dark cloud out there.
Love you all