Sunday, June 22, 2008

Whooooooo received the Crystal Owl?

I must proudly share the news that Dan yesterday was surprised with the "Crystal Owl" award from Spencer Crest Nature Center -- a yearly honor they present to an outstanding supporter of nature and nature education in the community.

The Spencer Crest director was so effusive in her praise of him when she was presenting the award -- citing not only his volunteer work at Spencer Crest but his vast knowledge of birds and nature and his enthusiastic participation in sharing that that knowledge through lectures, programs, etc.

I was very proud to see him receive this honor and I thought I would share it with you, too!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hey, nice going' Dan! What a hoot!

Joe said...

I've never seen a 6"8" owl before...how cool!

Dan, congratulations...you've done so much for the nature community in and around Corning. It is wonderful to see that recognized.

Seriously...is this now going to be a subject for an upcoming "Dan and Anne" radio spot??

John said...

Way to go, Dan! You are well-deserving of recognition.

John said...

By the way, I forgot to ask: Who was the host of this year's "Owlies?" I'd heard they tapped Billy Crystal, but maybe that was just a rumor...