
Today Marjorie Ely would have turned 91. We all can enjoy some fond memories of her and how she loved us. Here is a photo when she was about a year old probably in Edgar, Nebraska. So cute. It was a standard on the left side of The Gallery in Auburn. You'll see quite a family resemblance as you look at early photos of Margene especially.
With the recent new little children in the family we've had a chance to think about how people managed years ago....without the thousands of baby products now available. It is hard to fathom!
And as I think about Mother, I know she and Daddy would really enjoy the second photo of our family 2-year-olds, Berneice and Abbey.
The little girls are wearing sun dresses made by Gretchen with a pink John Deere logo! Just too cute for words. If you click on the photo and listen carefully, you can hear the great-grandparents laughing and sighing. And you can also feel their love for YOU!

Also Happy July 23 to Scott today!
Sharing family stories is a wonderful part of birthdays!
4 comments:
I remember this photo very well from the G Street house. I'm thinking she was more like 2 1/2 or 3 here, but I could be wrong.
Happy birthday to her, and to Scott as well!
This photo is so precious. I enjoyed sharing it with some of my friends at work as well. A summertime birthday always seemed to suit Mother so well -- her favorite thing to do was play bridge all day! July 23 is such a special day and she would love knowing that Scott shares the day as well!!!
Oh, and how could I forget to mention -- ADORABLE little sundresses on our little pint-sized cuties, Berneice and Abbey! Gretchen, I hope you had as much fun making them as the little girls will have wearing them!
Karen, this page turned out so well. Thanks for posting it. The picture of Marge at about the same age as the little great-grandaughters, is perfect. I did enjoy making the dresses. The fabric made me think of Gene and how he would have laughed over PINK John Deere fabric.
Post a Comment