Hello, all!
If you haven't heard from Mom or Nay (or Facebook), I am taking a trip around the world starting.....next week! I wanted to give you the run down, tell you when you can visit me and where, as well as direct you to a blog that I have set up for my students to follow me on my journey. Bookmark it, love it, comment, treat it as your own! Golly, you can pass it on to your friends if you feel like it! I'm just dipping my toes into this whole (personal) blogging thing and I must admit that it is pretty cool.
Okay, enough of the dilly-dallying. My schedule is roughly as follows:
July - December: Nelson, New Zealand.
I'll be (hopefully) teaching in a number of public schools as a substitute teacher and (hopefully) making enough money to cover living expenses and (hopefully) not shearing sheep. Butcha never know.
December - February: Sydney, Australia.
March: Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, China.
I plan on taking a train from HK through Shanghai and on to Beijing. People have asked me if tourists do this and the answer is "no". We'll see how it goes.
April: Cambodia and Thailand
May: India
June - ?: Eastern Europe, including (but not limited to) The Balkans, Hungary, The Czech Republic, Poland and Russia.
Whew! I'm going to be tired when I get finished!
The place I'll be updating most frequently (besides my silly quips on Facebook) will be:
www.missyoungsadventure.wordpress.com
Go ahead and put it in your "favorites" bar, you know you're going to love it!
Love all of you! If you have been to any of the places I plan on making it to, please give me any suggestions you have for lodging, sight-seeing, etc. I'll see you on the other side of the world!
Love,
Maureen.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hong Kong has a number of sights besides Victoria Peak which gives you a great view of Hong Kong which is mostly office towers.
Kowloon which is across the bay from Hong Kong is more interesting to me. Take the ferry; not the subway across. Hotels are probably cheaper there and it is a short taxi ride to the train station.
Somewhere there is a market and a "boat city".
Post a Comment