Thursday, September 13, 2007

Virginia Tech Football


We traveled to Blacksburg over Labor Day to attend Virginia Tech's home openning football game against East Carolinia. Abbey sported her pink VT cheerleader outfit and had her soft VT football in tow. Scott and I sported our Hokies United shirts in memory of the students who died in April. ESPN game day was there and when we returned home and watched it on TV, we were able to easily pickout Scott in the crowd..his 3 sec of fame, just like Matt waving to the camera at a Cubs baseball game some 10 years ago. Scott enjoyed the game, while Abbey and I tailgated with a friend and we all had a wonderful time! Since traveling with Abbey was so easy, we are now tempted to go to another game this year!

4 comments:

Anne K. said...

Great to see you all in your Hokie finery, Amy. I'm sure it was great to be there.

I must urge everyone to immediately drop whatever you're doing and get over to Amy and Scott's site:

http://www.waun.net/gallery/v/2007

and click on "Abbey's Second Year." From there, check out the video, "Abbey's First Steps." Well, everything there is just adorable, of course, but that little walking video is just the greatest!!! She is so cute clapping her hands so excitedly and then taking those steps to her mommy!

Marge said...

This is a great photo of your young family at the VT football outing. I have already viewed the video of the trip that's on your website. You do a great job of editing and getting things up and ready for all the adoring family members to enjoy. Glad to see you've posted here, too.

Karen said...

Yes, they do enjoy dressing in the VT theme. Mauroon and gold become all of them.

This week-end Ohio University travels to Blacksburg --- wonder which team the Waun Family will be cheering for??

Ginger said...

You guys all look great, Amy. We were thinking of all of you during the opening and throughout the game. I love seeing the pictures!