She then headed over to the Deans and had a nice couple of hours with all of them. Susan had to go to a Bridal Shower but the rest of the folks came up to see the end of my race. Unlike a baseball game, a road race has a much more predictable end time. They got to the finish line a few minutes before I got there…how fun it was for me to come around the corner to the finish line and see the four of them standing there cheering! (if your life is horribly boring, you can read my detailed race report here )

We all went back to the Deans, and Brian snapped this photo of John, TJ and me in their front yard. I took a shower and enjoyed more time with all of them. G and I then met some old friends for lunch, did some shopping in Indy, drove home and watched hoops, wondering how firmly cemented Carol will soon be in Marge’s hands.
I must publically apologize to John. The race course wound around the subdivision just next to theirs, with lots of turns. The race organizers recuited members of the local High School Cross Country team to help direct the tired, dazed runners the right way. Well, John went out on his bike, saw a bunch of folks running in the same direction with paper numbers pinned to their shirts and realized this was the course. He stopped his bike near one small group of the helpful direction-givers and waited for me. And waited. And waited. John got there when the leaders came through and it took a Very Long Time for me to get there. And, alas, when he did, he said "Hi Joe!" I was startled, not even thinking about John at the moment (hey, it was mile 10 at that point). I didn't recognize him and gave him a very odd reaction. Only after the race did I realize the doofus move I made there. I'm sorry John!!!!! My bad!!!!!
A great day, even if I did space on young John…enjoy the photo of these growing boys!!
Joe
1 comment:
Thanks for writing this up, Joe. Glad you enjoyed time with our young Dean family. Wish we could have been there to greet you, too.
Post a Comment